What Are Instagram Highlights and How Do You Use Them?
What Are Instagram Highlights?
Instagram Highlights are basically the Instagram stories that you decide to display on your profile for the duration of time. If you choose to add stories to Highlights the story will appear for 24 hours after the time of posting which is an excellent option to keep your best success stories alive. Highlights are a great feature on Instagram that to use.
When you start the Highlight it is possible to watch and navigate it just like an ordinary story, however, you will not see the list of viewers. Once the highlight story is running for 24 hours after which your list of viewers has gone and all you can see is the view count.
How to Use Instagram Story Highlights
In essence, Instagram Highlights is a basic feature, however, its use isn’t always easy. You may, for instance, be unable to figure out the best way to make custom covers or remove the Highlights you don’t need. But don’t worry about it, this article will guide you through what you can do using Instagram Highlights starting from the creation to deleting them.
How to Create a Highlight on Instagram
In the event that you do not have Instagram Highlights, You can make one from your current post or archives. This, naturally, implies you must have the option of archiving enabled. It’s typically enabled by default however, here’s a way to double-check this and turn to this feature Stories Archive if needs be:
- In your Profile, click on your profile, then tap on the menu icon at the top right-hand corner.
- Go to Settings > Privacy > Story.
- Scroll to Save the story for archive and turn the switch on.
After you’ve archived your story You can then go on with creating your very first Highlight. Here’s how you can start your own Instagram Highlight by adding your present story to it:
- Open your Instagram story.
- Tap the Highlight icon on the right side of the screen.
- On the Add to Highlights pop-up window, tap the New button.
- Choose a name to highlight, and you can edit the cover if you’d like.
- Then Tap Add to the list, then done.
If you’d like to make an Instagram Highlight with a story that you published in the past It’s possible to do so as well. Here’s how:
- From your profile, tap “New” from your profile.
- Find all the stories you would like to add to this latest Highlight and then click next.
- You can name the highlight you want to Highlight and alter its cover.
- Finally, tap Add and Done.
How to Add New Stories to a Highlight
Imagine you have an Instagram Highlight that’s topic-specific rather than centered around a specific date and location. It could be a collection of humorous pictures of your cat, or the street art you love all over the world.
In such cases, you’ll need to add more stories to the Highlights that you already have. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Highlight.
- Press for more in the lower right-hand corner.
- Choose “Edit Highlight” in the drop-down menu.
- Select Stories.
- Tap to select the stories you wish to include in this Highlight.
- When you are ready Once you are done, Tap Do it.
Voila! There’s a new tale now there.
How to Add a Custom Cover to Instagram Highlights
You might have observed the fact that when creating an Instagram Highlight the app will automatically select images for your cover from all the posts you’ve saved. You might also have noticed that the most popular Instagram accounts usually feature custom Highlight covers, with logos and branding colors, for instance. What did they do?
The button that lets users create a customized Instagram Highlight cover was actually present all along but it’s so easy to miss it. Making a custom cover can be an easy method to be noticed.
Here’s how to add an individual cover to the Instagram Highlight you already have:
- Start the Highlight and then tap on the “More” button located in the lower left-hand corner.
- Click the Edit highlight Then Modify Cover.
- The cover-up you’re currently wearing will appear close, and the options of cover-ups you can pick from beneath it. Tap the Image icon on the far left.
- Choose the cover you want to customize from your photo library, and then adjust it to your liking.
- Once you’re done to go, click Do it.
This is the only thing you need to know about. Of course, this assumes that you created the Highlight cover in advance that you saved to your photos library on your smartphone.
To create a brand fresh Highlight with a customized cover make the Highlight just like you would normally however, make sure to select to edit the cover and then click the image icon beside it to open the photo library.
How to Delete an Instagram Highlight
Maybe you’ve changed your mind about putting certain pictures in your account, or you’re looking to tidy up your Highlights as there are way too numerous. Whatever the reasons, you are able to erase the Highlights on your Instagram profile. Instagram Highlight:
- Hold the Highlight you wish to get rid of.
- Choose the option to Delete Select Highlight > delete in the drop-down menu.
That’s it. You can also erase specific Instagram Stories that are not in your Instagram Highlight instead of completely removing it:
- Start the Highlight and then navigate to the story that you wish to erase.
- Choose more from the lower-right corner.
- Choose to remove the Highlight by clicking the button.
- Press and remove in order to verify.
What Can You Use Instagram Highlights For?
Instagram Highlights can make your profile more interesting by giving your fans these stories to enjoy. If you’re managing the Instagram profile for your website or blog These are essential.
Here are some suggestions for what you could use Instagram Highlights to:
- Offering different kinds of content that you create, for example, #passionpassport.
- Showing the different categories of products you offer, such as Beardbrand.
- Keep Your Instagram stream visually constant such as anamarques210376.
- Making it easy for users to access little bits of information, such as Flaunt Streetwear’s Twitter account.
The list is endless, and hopefully, these examples will provide you with some suggestions of your own. You can even look up your Instagram archived stories on maps and then organize them together in a place-based Highlight.
Simple Ways to Upgrade Your Instagram
Instagram is expanding both in terms of its users and its functionality. Instagram Highlights is one of the new features that you didn’t know about when they were first released. Instagram takes the best concepts from other apps, and Highlights is one of the best examples of transferred ideas.
There are many ways to enhance your profile to make it more interesting. If you’re having fun playing around with your Instagram profile, make sure to try different methods to make the look of your Instagram stories.