Best Instagram Bio Ideas For Artists [+ Free Guide]
Instagram is a great platform for artists to showcase their work, but if you want people to click on your profile and follow it, then the bio section of your account needs some work. In this post, we’ll show you some ideas for how to make those bios interesting and helpful for potential followers!
Share your Instagram handle.
If you’re an artist, it’s important to include a link to your Instagram handle in your bio. This way fans can follow you on the platform and see what new work is coming out of your studio. Make sure that the name of your account is easy for them to remember and not too long either!
You should also use something unique as well as short enough for people who are scrolling through their feeds when they see one of these posts (which happens less often than we’d like).
Share your website.
Sharing your website is a great way to give people a way to find you online. If you have a business, this can be an easy way for customers to buy from you. You can also use this feature as a marketing tool by giving people a link or URL where they can visit and learn more about what you do!
Add a link to your Patreon, if you have one.
Include the link in the bio section of your Instagram account, not in the caption. This will make it easier for people who follow you on that platform to see their donation options and make them aware of what they can expect from them when they donate.
Make sure that this is easy to read and understand by including text with bolded letters or italicized text, as well as some other formatting elements such as bullets or underlines. You should also use different colors if possible so that it stands out from all others! A lot of people don’t know how much time goes into creating content for their channel so having something like this on top gives viewers an idea about how much effort went into creating these posts which help encourage more people to follow them (especially if there aren’t many followers yet).
Include a photo of yourself, or even better, an artsy selfie.
If you’re an artist, it’s important to include your work in the bio. You can show off what you do or have made by uploading a photo of yourself holding your latest creation. Better yet, include an artsy photo that’s not just a selfie–you want to show off how creative and artistic you are!
If that’s not possible, then instead of uploading an image of your latest piece of art (which might not be seen by many people), try adding a stock photo with filters applied over the top of it so that it looks like an original piece instead of something mass-produced by someone else.
Include the date you opened your Instagram account and how many followers you have today.
The first thing you should do is share your Instagram handle. If you don’t have one yet, go ahead and create one!
Next, add a link to your website or Patreon page if you have one. This will help people find out more about what you do and where they can support your work in the future.
Finally, include a photo of yourself (or even better–an artsy selfie). It’s a great way to show off who the person behind the artwork is so potential fans know exactly who they’re looking at when they see it on their feed!
Tell people about your process or what inspires you.
- What inspires you to create art?
- How do you make your art?
- What is the process of creating an image, painting, or drawing?
- Why are you an artist and not someone else who might be able to do what they do better than you could?
Include a URL for a blog post that shows off your work in more detail.
- Include a URL for a blog post that shows off your work in more detail.
- Link to a blog post that shows off your process.
- Link to a blog post that shows off your inspiration.
- Link to a portfolio of past work on the platform (if you have one).
Ask questions that will inspire people to follow up with comments or messages.
Questions that inspire people to follow up with comments or messages are great ways to engage with your audience. You can ask questions that are relevant to their interests and hobbies, or you can ask them about their favorite things in life.
- What was your first concert like?
- Which musician inspires you most?
- What’s your favorite movie of all time?
If there is no one in particular who wants to talk about these things specifically, then it’s fine just being general enough so as not to offend anyone–but if there is someone specific who would be interested in hearing from you, then go ahead!
There are lots of ways to make your Insta bio interesting!
- Use a good photo of yourself. You should have one or two pictures that show what you look like because people will assume that all artists are the same (which isn’t true). It also helps if it’s not too close-up or blurry, so people can see what kind of person you are by looking at the picture.
- Include an Instagram handle so people can follow along with what’s happening in your life and maybe even get some freebies from time to time (like free art prints). Plus it shows off how popular you are online!
- Share links to websites where they can learn more about who exactly is behind this project — whether it be something related specifically towards artistry/music/etcetera…it could even help others find their own personal voice too!
We hope that this guide has given you some ideas for how to make your Instagram bios stand out. We know it can be hard to find just the right format and tone, but don’t be afraid to try something new! As long as it’s clear and engaging, there is no wrong way to go with your bio.
For more info click here