How to Create a New Google Account on Android
How to Set Up a New Google Account
Making an account on Google account is beneficial. When you set up a Google account it will sync automatically the data you have stored, including your browser’s preferences, settings for autofill, and more. You can also access it from the Google Play Store as well. Let’s look at some of the essential specifications.
Requirements to Create a Google Account
To sign up for the Google account, you have to be at least 13 years old and above. You’ll also need to provide specific details to confirm your identity. This is essential to protect your account’s security.
Google offers several services which will require you to be 18 years old such as YouTube or Google Pay. You are able to utilize Google Family Link, a Google Family Link application to set up a new Google account to your children who are younger than the age of 13. For two-factor authentication to be set up to your Google account you’ll be required to supply your mobile number to verify by voice or text.
Making a Google account is easy. Here’s how:
- On your device Go there: the Settings menu > Accounts > Backup and manage accounts > backup.
- Scroll down, and then tap “Add account”. Choose Google in the options. If your phone has a biometric or pattern recognition option, you’ll unlock your phone before you unlock it.
- When you are prompted to sign in On the sign-in screen, tap Create an account and then choose For Me from the drop-down menu.
- You’ll be required to enter your personal details, such as name, birth date, and gender. Tap Next.
- You’ll be asked to select the Gmail address based on the name. You can select one of the suggested options or create your own unique address. Select Next.
- To safeguard your account, create your password with strong security and include the number of your mobile to your Google account. This is useful when creating two-factor authentication to the security of your Google account. Select Yes, I’m in.
- You can also decide whether to include your security number and only make it available for all Google services. To do that, simply tap the More choices and then select the desired option.
- Next, go through the Terms and Conditions of Service and then click I’m with you. to complete the setting-up to complete the set-up.
What Should You Do After Creating a Google Account?
You’ve obtained an account on Google account. But what do you do? There are many things you should accomplish to make sure that your account is safe, reliable, and secure. Here are some things to consider.
Turn On 2-Step Verification
To ensure the security of your personal information To protect your information, enable the two-factor verification (2FA)for your Google account.
When you log in to your Gmail account on a different gadget, Google will send you a security alert for your login in the event that it discovers suspicious activity in your account. This is intended to protect you from unauthorized access malware attacks and other suspicious activities.
If you’re using 2FA, you’ll have to enter a second code each time you log into your account using a new device or computer, or after a time of inactivity. To accomplish this you must follow the steps below:
- On your device Go there: the Settings menu > Accounts, and then Backup > Manage Accounts.
- Choose the account you have just created from the drop-down menu and click Google Account.
- On the tab for Home, in the tab, there’s a prompt to switch on 2-Step verification. Tap Count Me in.
- After that, you can open your Google account on the mobile web browser. Click on Get Started.
- In order to ensure you receive the two-step verification codes, You will need to add an account number. Google account. Tap Continue and then add a telephone number. Choose if you want 2FA code notifications by texts or phone calls.
- Alternately, you can click on the “Use Another Backup” to get a set of one-time codes to gain access to your Google account. Google account.
- Enter the One-Time-Password you’ve been given and then click the next to enable and switch on 2FA.
Additionally, you’ll be able to log in to your account using Google prompts on connected devices. There are additional options like the authenticator as well as a security key.
Review Security Settings and App Permissions
When you’ve created an account on Google Account, you should frequently go through for suspicious activity. You can check the tab for suspicious activity. You should also check the section for any suspicious activities, and also monitor access to apps. Here are a few easy suggestions.
- You can check the status of the security settings on your device by visiting the section on security recommendations and then tapping Secure your account. Include an email for an account recovery mail here.
- To check your security activity To review your security activity, visit Security > Latest Security Activity > Review your security activity.
- To manage your linked devices, go to Security > Your devices > Manage devices.
- You may also wish to manage the apps that you’ve linked with the Google account. To do this, head to your Google account’s homepage, and click Security > Third-party apps that have access to your account. This will display an inventory of apps with the ability to access your Google account. When you click one of these apps and go down the page, you’ll find the permissions that are available for the application. You can deactivate the permissions you have granted by clicking on the app and choosing the option to revoke access.
Sync Your Data to Your Google Account
One of the primary tasks you’ll have to complete is to transfer your data with Google. Google account. In this way, should it happens that your phone is lost, or any important data, you’ll be capable of retrieving it from an alternative device?
In order to do that, go into settings > accounts > the Backup tab, then Manage accounts. Click on the preferred Google account, then select the information you want to sync, for example, calendar, contacts, as well as emails.
If you haven’t done so already established, you’ll need to establish an email or telephone number. This can be used in the event you have forgotten your password and cannot log in to your Google account or you have locked yourself from it. It is possible to enter this information on the Google account dashboard under Personal information > Contact information.
Access Your Google Account Anywhere
The fact that you have a Google login makes it easy to switch devices. Simply log in with your current account and your app settings preferences, preferences, and other information will be available on your smartphone. Of course, the majority of users are busy creating a brand fresh Android device. The tips we provide can make your experience with Android simpler and more enjoyable.