How to adjust Google Ad Settings to Protect Subjects
Gain a little greater control over the adverts that you get on Google.
The possibility of applying these restrictions is a welcome change, especially since many have been calling for it for many years.
The Sensitive Settings for Google’s Ads for Ads: A Warmly-Willed Change
Since the beginning of time, people have been asking for a way to limit their experience with ads and block specific ads or categories that they would prefer to not be able to see. After making the first step in the year 2020, Google has now added additional ad categories.
In all likelihood, the internet is full of mothers who have lost their baby and experiencing their grief aggravated each time they come across ads for new strollers or baby clothes.
The same is true regarding those struggling with gambling addictions and alcohol or weight loss people who don’t really like to meet new people and prefer not to be greeted with Tinder ads on a daily basis. Additionally, we all are prone to seeing the same advertisements every day which can make things worse.
However, Google can’t wave a magic wand to remove the ads completely. However, it can restrict their appearance on the Google Display Network and YouTube. You won’t be able to notice them when you run Google searches or browse websites with advertisements from Google or YouTube.
How do you modify the Sensitive Ad Category?
Making changes to your ad settings by adjusting your settings on Google can be very beneficial. This way you have a little amount of control over the advertisements you see.
Here’s how you can accomplish this:
- Log in to Your Google account. In Chrome for example start the new tab, then click on your photo on the right-hand side of the screen. Then, click manage your Google Account.
- Then, on the next page select Privacy and data.
- On the next page go until you reach your setting for the ads area, and click on Personalization of the Ad.
- If the list isn’t expanded, click Advanced.
- Browse through the hundreds of subjects Google has identified for you until you are in the sensitive ad categories in the YouTube area.
- There are five categories that are displayed using the “See fewer” button to the right.
- You can choose between Alcohol gambling, dating Pregnancy and Parenting, and weight loss. You can also opt to limit them all.
- Select the See less option for your category and then click Proceed when you are asked.
- You’re done!
If you wish to reverse this decision, at any time you are able to go back to the section you were in and click the Allow button, which now appears instead of the View fewer one that was previously.
Avoiding Sensitive Ad Topics
That Google is listening to its users is a wonderful factor, particularly considering that the topics chosen can be very triggering for people who are struggling with addiction, illness, or loss.