Can You Use a PS5 Controller on a PS4?
The Play Station series has received a fresh upgrade with the PlayStation 5. If you purchased a PS5, you probably want to know if you can use a PS5 controller with a PS4 or not. A Dual Sense controller is available for the brand-new PS5. On the other side, the PS4 provided a Dual Shock 4 controller. The controller was from the fourth generation.
The Dual Shock series is now complete. Several of the functionality that the DualShock 4 lacks are available on the DualSense. For example, adaptive triggers and haptic feedback might further increase the level of the game. There are no substantial upgrades to the Xbox Series X/S controllers and they also don’t stand anywhere near the Dual Sense. Let’s now address the major query. Can a PS5 controller be used with a PS4?
Can You Use a PS5 Controller On a PS4 in 2022?
Unexpectedly, DualSense is not supported by the PS4. A PS5 controller cannot be used with a PS4. Even if you already have a dual sense controller at home, Sony wants you to purchase a new Dual Shock 4 controller to play. There might be another issue that explains the incompatibility.
For instance, the DualSense functions well with the PS3 because that system is compatible with several Bluetooth controllers. However, the PS4 and DualShock only recognized specific controllers; the PS4 is unable to recognize the DualSense in the PS5, which is why it is incompatible. The Dualsense function is only available on the PS5, even though a PC may utilize Bluetooth and a Nintendo Switch converter to use it. But, you may still utilize it by using the Remote Play software. Here’s how to go about it.
Bluetooth Adapters, PS4, and DualSense
You need to purchase a Bluetooth adaptor because the PS5 controller is not exclusive to the PS4. This often takes the form of a USB device that must be connected to the PS4. The adapter then establishes a Bluetooth connection with the PS5 controller, and the PS4 sees the adaptor as a standard Bluetooth controller.
This capability will be supported by a wide variety of adapters, but make sure to check for PS4 and DualSense support. It’s okay if an adapter isn’t compatible with PS5, but it’s crucial to confirm that it is with PS4 and the DualSense controller.
Although there are several ways to set up an adapter, the procedure is generally the same. Because it satisfies the aforementioned requirements, we’ll focus on utilizing Mayflash’s Magic-S Pro adapter in this post.
Compatible Devices For PS Remote Play
While connected to a broadband network or mobile data, users can use PS Remote Play on any of the following gadgets:
- Android smartphones and tablets. The DualShock 4 wireless controller is compatible with android versions 10 and above and may be linked through Bluetooth. The DualSense wireless controller is supported by Android smartphones running Android 12 or later.
- iPad and iPhone. DualSense wireless controllers work with iPhones and iPads running iOS 14.5 and above to play PS Remote Play games through Bluetooth, while DualShock 4 wireless controllers work with iPhones and iPads running iOS 13 and higher to utilize Bluetooth or on-screen controls.
- Windows PC and Mac.With a wired connection, the DualSense or DualShock 4 wireless controller may be utilized with Windows PC hardware running Windows 10 or later. Also, with Macs connected wirelessly or physically over macOS 11.3 or higher.
Gamers should be aware that some DualSense functions might not be available at all while utilizing Remote Play on various devices, including haptic effects and audio output.
Moreover, while utilizing PS Remote Play on various devices, DualShock 4 capabilities like TouchPad, Motion Sensor, Light Bar, and Vibration might not be accessible.
Only Method – Using Remote Play
A DualSense controller charges correctly when attached to a PS4, but the console does not detect it. This has been put to the test by several people. When a PS4 is linked to it, neither the PS on a DualSense nor Bluetooth connections to the console are possible.
You can only play it through Remote Play, which is the only way to do it. Let’s look at your options.
- Get the PS4 Remote Play software for your laptop or computer.
- Using the PS Remote Play program to connect your PS4 console by following the on-screen directions on your PC.
- Use a USB cable to connect your PS5 controller to your computer, then launch the PS Remote Play app.
- When the Remote Play App is now operating in the background, you might operate your PS4 with the PS5 controller that is attached to your PC.
But, PS4 games won’t support haptic feedback, adaptive triggers, or the integrated microphone array. You should use a conventional DualShock 4 controller instead of DualSense because PS4 games aren’t made to take use of it.
You can only attach your PS5 controller to a PS4 in that manner. I hope you like the essay. Please let us know if you have any questions or comments in the space below.