4 Free Online Techniques to Remove Watermarks from PDF
Removing a PDF watermark is the best course of action because it might cause distractions. These four methods are all free.
. invented and popularised the PDF, a flexible document file format. They are two of the most extensively used document formats, along with Microsoft Word.
You can accomplish a lot with PDFs if you have the correct tools. Among other things, you can combine, convert, compress, resize, trim, divide, rotate, and (un)lock PDFs. The best part is that you can do all of them for nothing.
A great feature of PDFs is the ability to add or remove watermarks. This post will teach you how to remove a watermark from PDF files online and, most importantly, why individuals choose to do so.
What Makes Watermarks in a PDF File a Problem?
You probably already know how to apply a watermark to a PDF if you’re like most PDF users. But did you also know that you may get rid of a watermark from a PDF file for free online?
Let’s look at some of the reasons why people choose to remove watermarks from PDFs before learning how to do it ourselves.
The file has been made public.
- You are done requiring the watermark.
- It is necessary to change and erase the watermark.
- A logo or mascot that serves as the watermark is being updated or redesigned.
- The placement of the watermark is poor.
- Among other things, the watermark makes reading difficult.
- Let’s get started with some free tools to remove watermarks from PDFs.
1. Using Soda PDF, remove watermarks from PDF files
Powerful and versatile, Soda PDF is a PDF editor. You may easily combine, compress, convert, divide, resize, rotate, and alter PDFs with its free online tools.
Here’s how to use Soda PDF Online to remove watermarks from PDF files.
- Open may be found on the left toolbar by going to Soda PDF Online.
- Once the PDF file has been uploaded, select Edit from the toolbar at the top of the page.
- Find the watermark you wish to get rid of, then click it. The watermark will then be chosen.
- Simply use the Delete key on your keyboard to get rid of the watermark now. Additionally, you may pick the pages in the top toolbar, choose Edit > Remove Page Marks > Watermark, and then click Remove.
- When finished, select Save by clicking the hamburger menu icon in the top-left corner.
- The X button next to the filename at the top of the screen can also be clicked, followed by a Yes response when requested to save changes.
English, German, and French are among the eight languages this utility is accessible. Click the gear button to see the other language selections.
The simplest way to remove watermarks from PDFs for free online is with Soda PDF’s PDF watermark remover. If for some reason, it doesn’t succeed in removing the watermark, you can attempt the alternative techniques listed below.
2. Using Microsoft Word, remove the watermark from PDF files
One of the most widely used word processors on the globe is Microsoft Word. By first converting a PDF to Word, removing the watermark, and then saving the document as a PDF, you can also use it to remove watermarks from PDFs. Almost all PDF editors support this.
We’ll be utilizing the Foxit PDF editor for this example. This is how:
Go to Foxit and select PDF to Word from the Online PDF column in the footer of the page after scrolling all the way down.
- Upload or drag & drop your PDF file, then select Start Conversion.
- When a success message appears, click Download to access your file.
- Open Microsoft Word and the converted file now.
- While converting your PDF to Word, Word could send a compatibility warning. Click OK after reading it.
- Click on Editing Enabled.
- Click Design in the Ribbon area, then Watermark in the bottom right corner.
- When finished, click Remove watermark in the lower right corner of your screen.
- Your watermark will be eliminated if you click it and then select Delete. You can occasionally need to choose and remove the watermark letter by letter.
- When finished, save the document as a PDF to obtain a watermark-free version.
- Without taking the long way through MS Word, you may also easily remove watermarks from PDFs using
- Foxit’s desktop program. We’ve also spoken about how to clean your PC of the “Activate Windows 10” watermark.
3. How to Remove the PDF Watermark Google Docs use
Another well-known word processor is Google Docs, which was popularised by none other than Google. Document creation, editing, and processing are all possible with Google Docs. You may use it to remove a watermark from PDFs and to apply a watermark to Google Docs.
Here is how to use Google Docs to remove watermarks from PDF files online:
- Click on the + New icon after logging into your Google Drive account.
- The watermarked PDF file will be selected when you click File Upload.
- A notice that reads “Upload completed” will appear in the bottom right corner of your screen. On the filename, click.
- There will be a preview created. At the top of the page, select Open from the drop-down menu.
- Click on Google Docs.
- Click on the watermark, select it, then press Delete on your keyboard to get rid of it if it isn’t already gone.
- Your watermark-free PDF will be saved to your computer once you select File, Download, and then PDF Document.
- It should be noted that if a PDF file is encrypted, you must first decrypt it in order to remove the watermark.
4. How to Use PDF Zorro to Remove Watermarks from PDF Documents
Another powerful PDF editor is PDF Zorro, which lets you combine, divide, trim, rotate, lock, unlock, and convert PDF files among other things. With PDF Zorro, you may use the whiten, blacken, or eraser tools to remove watermarks from PDF files.
Here’s how to use PDF Zorro’s eraser tool to remove watermarks from PDFs online.
- Scroll down on PDF Zorro and choose Edit PDF.
- Click on Upload or drag and drop the PDF file into the upload box to upload it.
- The Start PDF Editor button is located underneath the file upload box. Click it.
- Go to the toolbar in the left pane and click on the page. It will become active in the main window as a result.
- Find the watermark, choose the Erase tool, and then slide the mouse over and across it to erase it entirely.
- The watermark shouldn’t be overlaid over text for this approach to operate properly; if it is, the surrounding text could also be removed.
Don’t require it Just remove it
You may go ahead and remove the watermarks from your PDFs if you no longer require them now that you know how to do it for free online. However, be careful not to violate anyone’s copyright, and make sure you only remove watermarks from PDFs that you either developed yourself or have permission to change.